3M™ Light Enhancement Films are thermoformable, light-enhancing films that are designed to backlit sign applications and improve the sign brightness while reducing energy costs. The Light enhancement film is most efficient when the total face is 10 to 35% transmissive and has a low rate of absorption.
When efficient reflective material is put on the sides and back of the light box, more light is reflected to the front face to increase illumination. 3M™ Light Enhancement Films have a very low light absorption and is more efficient than most reflective materials including ordinary mirrors. In addition, the diffused reflective properties of the film assist in spreading light instead of focusing it like a mirror - eliminating hot spots.
- Matte white diffuse reflective surface
- Reduces hot spots
- 94% plus reflectivity increases light output for greater sign luminance
- Low light absorption increases efficiency
- Protective top covering for clean fabrication
- 5.5 mil construction for easy handling
- Permanent, pressure sensitive adhesive
- Signs and light boxes
- Channel letters
- POP or trade show displays
- Posters and informational graphics light boxes
- Transit shelter advertising boxes
- Menu boards display boxes
- Vending or dispensing machines